In 1914 the Ralston Schoolhouse was built to accommodate the growing population after irrigation was brought to the valley by the Bureau of Reclamation. It served the community for many years as a school house and meeting place. In the 1930s young students were bussed to Powell and the school was closed. For many years the school building served as the Ralston Women’s Clubhouse and was also used for community events such as 4-H meetings and activities, voting, Christmas parties, dances, and activities. Recently as the women’s clubs numbers were dwindling it was decided to sell the building and we were so fortunate to purchase and restore this beautiful landmark.
Ralston Clubhouse History
Originally built over a century ago as a schoolhouse, the Ralston Community Clubhouse became a home base for the community when the local women’s club started meeting there in 1930.
The clubhouse arrived at its heyday in mid-century when 40-50 women met there ever other week to take in homemaking projects and demonstrations presented by the Park County Extension Office. Through the decades, the women used the building to host community dances, Christmas dinners, parties, white elephant bingo, educational programs and a multitude of service projects.